Sunday, May 16, 2010

Singapore'll be missing you, Mr Goh Keng Swee

I recently chanced across this song on the net, and I felt that just a bit of lyrics tweaking and it'll be so fitting of the man who led our economies into the daylight:

Mr Goh Keng Swee.

Initially I didn't know that much about him but, when I realised he's the Finance Minister and the dude behind the whole SAF shtick, I thought to myself, "This guy is really cool." Of course, I don't mean the superficial, in-the-streets kind of cool, I mean he's achievements-cool. Someone probably not that high up as Albert Einstein (aka, to me, the coolest dude of the 20th century)

In fact, I realised, most of us are able to surf the net and stuff because the road to prosperity was laid by this cool guy, Mr Goh. As his body lies, an empty shell of the great mind that led Singapore to where it is today, I really would like to pay my own kind of tribute to this man whom, if he'd never existed, would've condemned all us Singaporeans to doom a long time ago.

***

I'll Be Missing You (Tribute to Mr Goh ver.)

Yeah... this right here (tell me why)
Goes out, to everyone, that has lost someone
That they truly loved (c'mon, check it out)

Seems like yesterday he lead Singapore
Out of the doldrums and then some more
So far from resting on his laurels up the post
Mr Goh Keng Swee, we benefited the most.
Life ain't always what it seems to be
Words can't express what you mean to us all
Even though you're gone we still remember ya
Through your legacy we'll fulfill your dreams

In the future can't wait to see
If you'll open up the gates for us
Reminisce sometime
The night they took our friend
Try to black it out but it plays again
When it's real feelings' hard to conceal
Can't imagine all the pain we all feel
Give anything to hear half your breath
We know you still livin' your life after death

No comments: